Sunday, September 27, 2009

Preparing for a major birthday . . .


This week will see China's 60th birthday. Now, 60 is an auspicious number in China for a variety of reasons and great celebrations are held on 60th birthdays.

National Day is no exception. One thing I've noticed about the Chinese, though, is that they don't put up major decorations too long before an event . . . the event is more of a day and not a season. (Comparison note is that in the US, Halloween decorations were up in August . . . National Day decorations didn't start going up in my city until this weekend.)

The above photo was sent by a friend. It's not common and I doubt I'll see a haircut such as this in real life. However, I thought it was great! Please note the tiny portrait of Chairman Mao that has been taped/glued onto the Forbidden City! This portrait is a national icon and the haircut would not be complete without it.

I'll be posting photos all week long of preparations for this great day for China!

1 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

That's pretty impressive!