Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Baby turns 9!

 


I got pregnant with my second child when my first child was only eight months old. To help her prepare for an upcoming baby in the house, my husband and I gave her a doll which she promptly named "Baby." We call her "Baby Cuddles." Rachel has been attached to Baby ever since she got her and Baby definitely shows that she is well loved.

I like birthstone jewelry and always have my eyes open for items that have our four family birthstones in them . . . garnet, amethyst, aquamarine (blue topaz works!) and peridot. Time and time again, Rachel and I would find these four stones . . . plus a fifth one . . . yellow topaz. At age two, Rachel confidently said, "That's okay, Mommy. The yellow stone is Baby's birthstone." I told her that the yellow stone was for November, so she needed to choose a day for Baby's birthday. She chose November 10.

Each year, we celebrate Baby's birthday. Sometimes, I make a cake and sometimes, I simply make a pancake breakfast. This year, Rachel didn't even remember it was Baby's birthday, so she was overjoyed when I woke them up on November 10 with birthday pancakes and a candle glowing in Baby's honor. Michael brought his lovies out as well . . . three pigs and Seamus, his Irish doll.

Needless to say, the entire family enjoyed the celebration meal. We all love Baby and are glad she's a part of our family!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Valorie said...

Happy Birthday to a REAL doll! Love to you all! Val