Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stocking Stuffers

 

 


I hosted a stocking party on Thursday and while only seven students came, it was still a big success! I had to hunt high and low for stockings and then bargain like crazy, but at last I had them in hand. They already had Santas or snowmen on them, so the students just added their names and whatever else they wanted. I couldn't find glitter pens, so I stocked up on sequins and glue. It worked just as well . . . and maybe even better than just glue pens. It's amazing to see how much fun university students have over activities like these . . . especially since it's a "first" for most of them. It's a great way to teach culture and to be quite relaxed in an English setting!

I took these photos with my mobile phone . . . the batteries in my camera died and I didn't have any extra. At least I was able to capture the mood somewhat, though.

Next week, I think I'll be showing the Rudolf cartoon on Thursday and then "The Nativity Story" on Christmas night.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: