Sunday, October 10, 2010

The hills are alive . . .

 

well, not with the sound of music, but with the sight of snow!!!!

I like to sleep with the windows open. I get hot pretty easily at night, but my husband doesn't. We compromise by using two different blankets . . . his is heavier than mine. :)

At any rate, last night, we both woke up to the sound of falling rain and to the feel of dropping temps. I keep a heavier blanket beside the bed for cases just like this, so I leaned over and got it and snuggled deep. Much to my surprise, when I woke up and looked out the window, I saw SNOW! (I love snow!)

We are at a mile high and the surrounding hills are probably only 300 - 500 feet high. It was interesting to note that the snow wasn't wide spread . . . but confined to a fairly small area (relatively speaking).

Snow . . . not sure I want much of it in October, but it sure was exciting to see!

Yes, the hills are alive!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: