Thursday, January 14, 2010

$1.50 is too much!

 

 


I don't like getting my hair cut. It's just an irritating "thing" that needs to be done when my hair gets out of control. I have never really enjoyed spending money on haircuts and pretty much enjoy not having to do much with my hair. Also, it seems that whenever I get a "wild hair" to do something different with it, I'm typically disappointed.

Last year, I broke down and purchased some haircutting scissors. I typically keep up with my bangs myself, but haven't really tried much in the way of cutting the rest or maintaining any sense of style.

In April of last year, I got my hair cut short. Really short. Immediately decided that I didn't like it and immediately started to let it grow out again. That's one nice thing about my hair . . . it only takes about three days for it to start looking different.

I've been trimming it as it has grown out and I've been waiting for it to approach something that could begin to look like "all one length." Voila! One day I noticed that I was getting quite the mullet, so I knew it was time to pull out the scissors again.

Shower, towel dry hair, comb it, don't bother putting on glasses . . . snip, snip, snip, snip . . . 90 seconds later, I was done. Put on glasses, blow dry hair, trim a few stray ones that I missed and walk out the door. Life is extremely good!

My friends in the States are quite impressed. My friends here don't even bat an eye. There are far more women who cut their own hair than those pay someone else to cut it for them. The ten yuan ($1.50) is just too much for them! My cutting my own hair just puts me in good company with those all around me!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: