Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Poetic and beautiful ending to the day

 


As Rachel and I walked down the hill on trembling legs (Going down all 1,281 steps made our legs wobble), we came across this man singing into the sunset. Rachel said that he was singing about sacrifice, but she couldn't understand everything. I couldn't understand even that!

At any rate, once below him, I snapped his photo. I was really pleased with how it turned out. When I saw it, I immediately thought of Psalm 8:3-4.

"When I consider your heavens,
... the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?"

The majesty of the full sun and the shadow of the hillside made the man look so small. And yet we are so great in God's plans.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: